ICP Component 1: Leadership and Planning
Component Description and Rationale
Each LEA or charter school should have a design team charged with the primary responsibility for developing and executing an ICP. In developing an ICP, LEA and charter school leaders have the primary responsibility of formulating a comprehensive strategy which identifies potential challenges and workable solutions. The Planning Guide for Online and Blended Learning provides a comprehensive exploration of all aspects of remote learning and the varying combinations of instructional delivery options available.
Critical Success Factors/Action Steps Required in the Component
- Specify LEA personnel who will serve on a cross-functional planning team. At a minimum, this team should represent academics, technology, operations, and communications.
- Identify desired outcomes or goals of the ICP.
- Define the critical success factors (CSFs) that determine achievement of the ICP desired outcomes or goals.
- Develop the action plans needed to address the CSFs, including the protocols and execution steps for the ICP.
- Develop a process for evaluating the effectiveness of the ICP.